Grandma and Grandpa came to Oregon for a visit a few weeks ago and I thought I should let you know that we took care of them and showed them a fabulous time. It was hard to fit in all of the things that we love to do in so short a time, but we tried. We had them meet us at the beach--Thank you Arlene and Tony. Here is a view from the back deck.
Mom and I and the kids went on one of our favorite hikes at the coast called Cascade Head. This is at the top of the mountain and you can see for miles up and down the coast. There is a trail at that starts at the bottom and goes 3 miles up, but we opted for the drive up the mountain (through the clouds) and the shorter 3/4 mile trip to the top. If you are worried that I shrunk, I am standing in a little ditch!!
Dad spent most of his time at the coast fishing and relaxing on the deck. He caught 2 trout and they were delicious.
Since we were at the coast but the house is on the lake, we made a special trip out to the ocean for mom. Luckily, we were out there at low tide and were able to go to the best tide pool around. It was quite a walk but well worth it. I think this was mom's favorite part. We saw tons of starfish and other sea life clinging to the rocks. I know you can't tell, but as I was taking this picture, the water started to come in and I think it got mom's shoes, but she didn't even complain.
It was pretty warm, and not windy, which is unusual for the beach, so the kids wanted to play "run away from the waves and only get your feet wet." At least that is what they told me. Needless to say, they were all completely soaked when they were done playing and not to happy about it an hour later when we started the long walk back to the car. I don't think they will ever learn!!
After we came back to Cottage Grove, the girls had a golf tourney for jr golf. Dad was paired up with Melissa.
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary to you...
Happy Anniversary to you...
Happy Anniversary Brian and Carriiiiieeeee...
Happy Anniversary to yuouououououououo!
Have a great day!
Fabulous! Thank you for sharing. The pictures are all wonderful. Carrie - you look so much like your mother!
I have totally lost your email address - you should send it to me. Anyway, I wanted to send you this link because I'm reading this woman's stories about her Max and I keep thinking about your Max. I think you'll get a laugh out of her blog.
Post a Comment