Thursday, September 4, 2008

First day of school--yahoo!!!


Today is finally the first day of school!! I am home with just Max who will be going to school in a couple of hours. The kids were definately ready. New school supplies, new shoes, new clothes, what could be better?? I am still very sad that Max is going to be in Kindergarten. He is getting to be such a big boy and it makes me feel old. He is most excited because he gets to ride the bus this year from the pool, where I work.






















Melissa is starting 5th and Megan 7th. I threatened to take my camera into Melissa's class this morning and that was totally vetoed!!! I was lucky to get this picture of her. And then there is Megan. I offered to take her into her first period class and she said no--and then when we got to the school this morning, she saw her friend and got out of the car on the road!! She didn't even let me drive her onto school property! I am not sure I am comfortable with this. I did make her give me a Kiss and I hope everyone saw.
They guess they all got a little tired of me this summer, I have never seen 4 kids more excited for school to start. I am sure they are all going to to great. And I think I can adjust to having a little time to myself. It's time to get out the BonBons!!

3 comments:

jedginahutch said...

Now I know why we are friends! Bring the bonbons over to my house and we'll bask in the glory of fewer kids!

M said...

Love the photo at the end!

Maybe we should just have a bonbon party and Gina could supply the Jane Austen.

Maryann said...

Carrie,

You know you have an inner Molly too!!! You are just very jealous that you have to work and don't have the time to bottle fruit! by the way now you aren't getting any from me :)