Saturday, June 28, 2008

More from DC

Here is Megan being silly, this was a common occurrence on the trip. Notice her collection of key chains around her neck. I think she come home with 15 and 2 pins from places that didn't have key chains.
Here was one of the highlights of the trip. Megan was able to help lay a wreath from our school at the tomb of the unknown soldier. It didn't rain for the entire trip except for the 20 minutes that we were here. Arlington was an amazing place. Very peaceful.
Here is my favorite picture of Megan and I in front of the capitol building. It was one of the few moments I dragged her away from her friends to snap a shot with me.
That's Honest Abe behind us. I can't help but love Abraham Lincoln since I was raised in the land of Lincoln. It is also the name of Megan's school.
Here is a shot of Mount Vernon. I love love loved going here. It was our first stop after the airport and I could have spent the entire day there. It was amazing. I can not adequately describe the feeling of actually walking and seeing where George Washington lived and was buried. I will never forget being there.
I won't bore you with the other 245 pictures that I took on our trip, I will only say that it was a great way to see Washington DC. We saw everything!! Every monument, every building, everything. I will say that all of the pictures of the capitol do not do it justice. Everything is so much bigger than I thought it would be. I think I walked 50 miles in five days. I even have a library card to the Library of Congress. Pretty cool. If you ever get a chance, you should go, it will remind you of what our country was founded on, not necessarily what it is doing now.

1 comment:

cindy said...

Nice pics. Glad you had fun even if I wish we had been able to be your tour guides.

Cindy